On Wednesday, Google unveiled its latest smartphones, the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro, during the Made by Google 2023 event. These new phones are equipped with a powerful Tensor G3 chip, offer storage options of up to 256GB, and come with Android 14 pre-installed. The standard Pixel 8 and the Pixel 8 Pro boast Google’s AI-driven features like Photo Unblur and Live Translate. Google promises to provide software updates for these phones for seven years. The cameras on these devices have also received significant AI enhancements.
Price and Availability in India:
– The Pixel 8 is priced at Rs. 75,999 and is available in a single 128GB storage variant. It comes in Hazel, Obsidian, and Rose colour options.
– The Pixel 8 Pro is priced at Rs. 1,06,999 for the 128GB storage model and is offered in Bay, Obsidian, and Porcelain colours.
– Both phones can be purchased through Flipkart, with pre-orders starting on October 4.
– Google’s Pixel Watch 2 is also debuting in India with a price tag of Rs. 39,900. All these new Pixel devices will be available starting October 12.
– Google is offering limited-time launch offers in India, including bank discounts and exchange offers.
Specifications and Features:
– Both the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro are dual-SIM phones running on Android 14. The Pixel 8 features a 6.2-inch Full HD+ OLED screen with a 90Hz refresh rate, while the Pixel 8 Pro has a 6.7-inch Quad-HD display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
– They are powered by Google’s Tensor G3 chip and the Titan M2 security chip, with 8GB of RAM for the Pixel 8 and 12GB for the Pixel 8 Pro.
– Notable software features include Google’s Best Take for enhancing photos, Audio Magic Eraser for reducing background noise, and Video Boost for improving video quality (coming soon).
– Both phones have a 50MP primary camera and an 11MP front camera for selfies.
– The Pixel 8 Pro has additional camera capabilities with a 64MP ultra-wide-angle camera and a 48MP telephoto camera.
– Storage options go up to 256GB, and connectivity features include Wi-Fi 6E, 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C.
– Sensors on board include an accelerometer, barometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, proximity sensor, and a fingerprint scanner.
– Both phones support fast wired and wireless charging, with the Pixel 8 Pro charging to 50% in 30 minutes.